St. Joseph-St. Thomas Parish School Raffle
Rules and Regulations for 2012
1. St. Joseph-St. Thomas Parish School Staten Island, New York presents the “raffle” in conjunction with a solicitation for donations. All donations and contributions will be used in support of parish school operations, the parish school and other parish educational programs.
2. St. Joseph-St. Thomas Parish School is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, illegible, misdirected or postage due mail.
3. Winners are selected by a series of random drawings from eligible entries received, and decisions are final on all matters relating to the “raffle”. The Pastor will monitor compliance with the rules governing this “raffle”.
4. All participants must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States to purchase tickets and win a prize.
5. Winners need not be present to win.
6. All ticket sales are final. By purchasing a ticket for this raffle, the purchaser agrees that he/she has read and understands all of the rules and regulations of the raffle. I understand that my money will not be refunded under any circumstances. St. Joseph-St. Thomas Parish School reserves the right to change the rules for this drawing, at any time.
7. St. Joseph-St. Thomas Parish School reserves the right to reject any entry form/ticket that is submitted with payment that does not constitute “good funds”.
8. Tickets that are purchased and delivered but for which funds don’t clear will be immediately voided. If the tickets cannot be returned to be resold, St. Joseph-St. Thomas Parish School reserves the right to reprint additional tickets to replace those that have been voided.
9. Mail entries must be received in our office before June 4, 2012.
10. Drawing will be held on June 9, 2012 at St. Joseph-St. Thomas Parish.
11. St. Joseph-St. Thomas Parish School reserves the right to cancel the “raffle” at any time with notice and full refund by mail.
12. For IRS reporting requirements, the prizes will be declared in 2012. All prize winners are responsible for conforming to IRS regulations and are responsible for all federal and state income and other taxes and any other fees or costs, including tax, title & license fees for the automobile. Ticket cost is not tax deductible.
13. All members of the “Family School Association” committee are unpaid volunteers and are overseen by the Pastor of St. Joseph-St. Thomas Parish. Committee members are allowed to participate in the “raffle” and are entitled to win prizes.
14. All ticket stubs are available for inspection one hour prior to the drawing.
15. Winner is responsible to pick up “cash prize” at St. Joseph-St. Thomas Parish. If the Grand Prize
winner chooses the automobile they will need to claim their prize at the Manfredi Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealership located at 1239 Hylan Blvd., Staten Island, New York. Winners are responsible for any shipping costs associated with prizes that need to be shipped outside of the Staten Island, New York area.
16. Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by St. Joseph-St. Thomas Parish School, and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
17. Each ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each ticket is a separate and equal chance to win the Grand Prize.
18. Winners have 60 (sixty) days from 6/9/12 to take delivery on all prizes or forfeit all claims thereto.
19. The “raffle” details for 2012 are as follows:
“2nd Annual Classic Car Show”
a) Only 400 (four hundred) tickets will be issued and sold.
b) A minimum of 250 (two hundred and fifty) tickets must be sold or all money will be refunded by mail.
c) The grand prize winner will be allowed to select ONE of the following:
a 2012 Toyota Camry valued at $22,000 (vehicle model subject to release by Manufacturer and availability from Manufacturer to Dealer) - OR - $20,000 Cash.
d) The grand prize winner is responsible for tax, registration and license fees for the automobile
and for conformance with IRS regulations: either vehicle or cash prize.
There will be only ONE prize. No additional prizes or cash will be given for this raffle.